Crowd-powered recommendation for continuous digital media access and exchange in social networks
Crowd-powered recommendation for continuous digital media access and exchange in social networks (CrowdRec) is a collaborative research project funded by the European Commission; 7th Framework Programme (2007-2013).
The project pursues three objectives:
- Stream Recommendation: real-time combination of information from collection, context, user interaction and user community to generate social smartfeeds for large-scale social networks;
- Crowd Engagement: creating symbiosis between users and content that activates users to contribute;
- Deployment and Validation: developing and testing for release of reference implementations and large-scale user trials.
The project partners included:
- TU Delft - The Multimedia Computing Group
- TU Berlin - The Competence Center Information Retrieval & Machine Learning
- Gravity R&D