The Netflix Prize was a movie recommendation, or movie rating prediction challenge held between October 2006 and September 2009 by Netflix. The dataset used for the challenge was available for registered participants.
The KDD Cup 2007 was also about a dataset released by Netflix.
- Yehuda Koren, Robert Bell, Chris Volinsky: Matrix Factorization Techniques for Recommender Systems. IEEE Computer, 2009
- Robert Bell, Yehuda Koren, Chris Volinsky: The BellKor solution to the Netflix Prize 2008
- Andreas Töscher, Michael Jahrer: The BigChaos solution to the Netflix Prize 2008
- Joe Sill, Gabor Takacs, Lester Mackey, David Lin: Feature-Weighted Linear Stacking
- Arkadiusz Paterek: Predicting movie ratings and recommender systems